Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brendan


Brendan is my longest and dearest friend. I met him when he was in high school and I had just graduated. I hadn't seen him in about 15 years when he met me at the airport Tuesday night. I didn't even recognize him. He still has that boyish face but something about him looks different. more tired I suppose but then again so do I. But he said I looked exactly the same. Brendan and I have always been on a similar wavelength in temperament and taste in music (he plays guitar, bass, piano. I can play piano and flute) and films and books, we're both tall (he's about 6ft3 I'm 6ft1) I've got 2 years on him but we're both products of the Massachusetts public school system (he is originally from Wisconsin, came to MASS when he was 11 or 12) and we just really get along well. He is a wonderful kisser, has a great sense of humor and funny little giggle. He wears high top sneakers that have "The Who" on them. When he was a teenager he loved the Who and got me to love them too. I thought his shoes were hysterically funny. He has many troubles these days and didn't laugh as much as he used to. I am holding him in my thoughts now so that he may get through this troubled times as whole as possible.

No comments: