Saturday, September 13, 2008

Portland crochet and knit show

Yeah yarn!!!How wonderful it is to be in a room full of knitters. Sigh. OK so I went and looked at every booth first then I was starving so I went to lunch. Came back and they had a fashion show. THen I went and bought $30 worth of yarn. I shouldn't be buying anything but I could n't help myself. I did get in for free since I am a member of the knitting guild. I also got free yarn and needles in one class. I learned some new crochet. Annie Modesit was supposed to be there but I couldn't find her. She was the only "star" that was there. THe crowd was made up of white, middle class older women. And some men. I counted three black women and one Asian woman. THere was a booth selling African baskets by an African man and woman so I guess that's 5. So that was weird. I always feel out of place that way. But everyone was so friendly and happy and having such a good time too. And it was nice to have a little bit of a day off to do my own thing. Here's some photos.









No comments: