Saturday, October 4, 2008

So many knitters......

So our university had a big "block party" the other day. All student groups were outside in the park blocks (kind of like a quad) showcasing their group and trying to recruit new members. I got a choice spot right in front of a main building for my Stitch n Bitch group. I just had a simple sign and yarn on the table and I got about 60 people to sign up!!! Granted half of them might never show up. The deal with this party is if you visit a group then you get a stamp on your "passport" and after 4 stamps you get a free t-shirt and free food. So a lot of people visit just to get a stamp. BUt there was at least 10 people who came up to me saying "yeah knitting!!" and were really excited. So now I will have more folks to knit with yeah!!!! It was a good day.

No comments: