Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I heart ravelry

So I go to Ravelry and I browse the threads and there is one called " There are peaches in the fridge and I eated them. " and the she posted a picture of the peach. So I think this is cute. But I read on, the next post says

the subject made me think of this poem, which I love.

This Is Just To Say

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast.

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.

-- William Carlos Williams

Did anyone else’s mind go there?


Which then create this whole discussion of Williams and how someone hates him and someone else loves him and then everyone's got an opinion on poetry. THis made me look up Williams and want to read more about him. And Ezra Pound his friend. Which reminded me of my frien Matt who worked at the bookfair with me. He tols me he got arrested and tossed in the drunk tank. He said he spent the night with his shirt off yelling Ezra Pound poems.


My brain hurts


No comments: