Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday Moday MONDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY


First day of class. I had waaaaay too much material. I was going to lecture on sexism, the history of WS and then gender socialization. I barley got through the history part. Oh well, better to have too much instead of too little. Everyone got books so that was cool. In Other Words came and brought books to us this time since there are so few classes this summer. There are 20 or 22 people in the class. Looks like a good mix. A few men, too. They're all so young. Used to be I was only 5 or 10 years older then them. Now I could me some of them's mother's. They said they were only 4 or 5 during the Anita Hill hearings. It was cool when they asked "what did she say?" They were actually excited when I told them I watched the hearings live on TV. How cool is that? I'm a carrier of history?

Got some new sock yarn with my gift ceritficate the other day when the boys were gone. And can I just say how glorious it was to have them gone? Peace and quiet, my own thouhgts, no nagging. Heaven. This is my first Koigu. It is so soft and Melissa said this yarn rarely if ever pools. How do they make the colors so rich? When I win the lottery I am so buying every color of this stuff.

No comments: